Asia Pacific Network for Sustainable Agriculture, Food and Energy (SAFE-Network) in collaboration with Warmadewa University (INDONESIA), Andalas University (INDONESIA), Maharishi University of Management-Iowa (USA), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (MALAYSIA) has successfully conducted Bali Summer Course 2016 (BSC2016). 18 students who come from each member country of SAFE-Network (Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia) joined Bali Summer Course in Bali, INDONESIA. July 25-30, 2016.
The Objective of BALI SUMMER COURSE
- Introduce Basic Concept, Philosophy, Practices and What To Do For Sustainability Action And Practices
- Learn How To Positively Understand, Accept And Support Multicultural And Individual Differences
- Improve The Awareness On The Importance Of Saving Our Planet Through Sustainability Practices
Warmadewa University- Bali, INDONESIA.
1.Introduction to Sustainability
2.Applying Sustainability Thinking in Life
3.Concept of Balinese Sustainable Agricultural Practice: subak, simantri, organic farming, coral transplantation,
4. Vedic Organic
5. Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)
6. Weeds and Sustainable Agriculture
7. Land Transformation and Eco-Village
8.Bamboo waste to energy
9.Field trip, city tour and visiting of agriculture festival exhibition.
1. Dr. Novizar Nazir–Andalas University/SAFE-Network
2. Dr. Irawati Chaniago–Andalas University-INDONESIA
3. Prof. Dr. Wan Mohtar Wan Yussof-Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia-MALAYSIA
4.Prof. Thimmaih Sudhir, Maharishi University of Management Iowa, USA
5. Prof. Supaya Wenuganen, Maharishi University of Management Iowa, USA
6.Capt. Budi Soehardi, CNN Hero 2009